Thank you for your support last year. Best wishes for a safe and happy 2022!
Our Impact in 2021
Saline Area Social Service is a community-funded organization that provides food, household essentials, programs that improve quality of life, and emergency aid for those in need in the Saline community. SASS served a total of 445 clients in 2021, with an average of 300 people receiving aid each week.
- Provided enough food for 15 meals per week for each person served
- Distributed food 4,455 times (equivalent of 120,825 meals)
- Delivered over 30,000 meals to homebound seniors and families
- Helped pay for more than 1,000 prescriptions
- Provided backpacks, school supplies, and new shoes for 161 students
- Provided boots and snow pants for 83 children
- Helped 9 families avoid utility shutoff and 4 families avoid eviction
- Helped secure temporary housing for 2 homeless families
- Provided emergency vehicle repair for 4 households
- Provided gas cards to help 6 individuals and families to get to work and medial appointments
- Delivered flashlights, lanterns, and water to 47 seniors during a multi-day power outage
- Provided over 215 referrals to other community organizations for additional assistance and services
- Sponsored 35 students in after school enrichment activities
- Funded ongoing professional mental health aid to at-risk high school students
Our Goals in 2022
- Continue to serve those who reach out to SASS in their times of need.
- Expand our impact in the community.
- Strengthen and maintain our community partnerships.