CURRENT PANTRY NEEDS
Refried beans, Salad dressing, Condiments (ketchup, mustard, mayo), Stuffing, Instant mashed potatoes
Saline Area Social Service appreciates the growing support of the Saline community. With the help of donations, we were able to provide over $272,400 in food and paper product donations to the families we serve last year.
We accept all types of food donations. Donations can be dropped off at our office at 1259 Industrial Drive, Saline, MI 48176.
Wish List Items
Canned meat (chicken, spam, salmon, roast/corned beef, etc.), chunky beef soups, pasta sauces (spaghetti, alfredo), canned tomato products, canned sloppy Joe sauce, pizza sauce, canned mushrooms, canned fruit, baking items (cookie/brownie/cake mix, frosting, flour, sugar, honey, oil, salt, pepper, etc.), crackers (cheese its, wheat thins, Triscuits, etc.), shelf stable juice, coffee and tea, cereal (kids and adult), condiments (dressing, soy sauce, marinades, jelly/jams, ketchup, etc.), taco shells (hard and soft), gluten-free items.
Personal Care & Paper Products
Tampons, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, shaving cream, razors, Band-Aids, deodorant, sunscreen, bug spray, sandwich bags, tin foil, plastic wrap, paper plates, paper towel, facial tissue, toilet paper.
- Healthy Breakfast Drive: Healthy cereals, oatmeal, granola bars, raisins, etc.
- Healthy Summer Drive: Sunscreen, Band-Aids, healthy snacks
- Winter Sock Drive
- $20 Gift Cards from Target, Walmart, Meijer
- $20 Fuel Cards from Speedway, BP, Mobil, Sunoco. When buying gift cards from the area gas stations, please request “fuel” gift cards, which restricts the card purchases to gasoline only.
- Please donate during office hours. For food safety, items left outside the building (exposed to cold, heat, bugs, etc.) have to be thrown away.
- Avoid glass items, which can break.
- Check that items are still within their “Use before” date.
- We can only accept unopened items. We can accept opened packages if the internal packaging is still intact.
- Please only donate items that you would eat.
Assistance & Donations
Mon: 10 am – 6 pm
Tue: 10 am – 2:30 pm
Wed: 10 am – 2:30 pm
Thu: 10 am – 2:30 pm