Saline Area Social Service appreciates the growing support of the Saline community. With the help of donations, we were able to provide over $150,000 in food and paper product donations to the families we serve last year.
We accept all types of food donations. Donations can be dropped off at our office at 224 W. Michigan Ave., Saline, MI 48176.
Wish List Items
Creamy soups, diced and stewed tomatoes, tomato paste, pasta sauce, gravy, northern beans, chili beans, refried beans, canned pineapple, fruit cocktail, ketchup, mustard, mayo, crackers, large, shelf-stable juice.
Personal Care & Paper Products
Tampons, shaving cream, Band-Aids, deodorant, sunscreen, bug spray, sandwich bags, tin foil, plastic wrap, razors, paper plates.
- Healthy Breakfast Drive: Healthy cereals, oatmeal, granola bars, raisins, etc.
- Healthy Summer Drive: Sunscreen, Band-Aids, healthy snacks
- Winter Sock Drive
- $20 Gift Cards from Payless, Walmart, Meijer
- $20 Fuel Cards from Speedway, BP, Mobil, Sunoco. When buying gift cards from the area gas stations, please request “fuel” gift cards, which restricts the card purchases to gasoline only.
- Avoid glass items, which can break.
- Check that items are still within their “Use before” date.
- We can only accept unopened items. We can accept opened packages if the internal packaging is still intact.
- Please only donate items that you would eat.