SASS provides food to anyone in need of help.
To qualify for SASS’s services beyond food assistance, your household income must not exceed 185% of the national poverty level (see table) and you must either live within the boundaries of the Saline Area School District or have a child that attends Saline Area Schools. If you are currently eligible for free or reduced-priced meals at any of the Saline Area Schools, you are also eligible for our services.
If your household income exceeds 185% of the federal poverty level, you are eligible to receive a to-go bag of food each week.
|Add for each
Note: Saline Area Social Service, Inc. utilizes the Department of Health & Human Services Poverty Guidelines to determine financial eligibility for services. The Agency utilizes 185% of the poverty guidelines, which is the amount used by the Saline Area Schools to determine a family’s eligibility for free or reduced price on meals.
2023 CLIENT REGISTRATION
To become a client of Saline Area Social Service, you must:
- Fill out the SASS Client Registration Form. Stop by the office or download (see below) and mail a completed copy to Saline Area Social Service, Att: Michael Sartori, 1259 Industrial Drive, Saline, MI 48176.
- 2022 federal income tax return for all adults in the household
- Current lease.
- Any of the following documentation for all members of your household (SSI, SSDI, Child support, unemployment, foster child monthly stipend, pension, annuities)
- Proof of residency in the Saline School District or proof of School of Choice (accepted documentation includes lease, water bill, DTE bill, school of choice letter, or most recent student report card) Map of Saline Service Area
- Photo identification for ALL adults in the household
If you are a current client, please note that failure to submit all paperwork by 2:30 p.m. on April 20, 2023, will reduce services until all paperwork is provided. If you have questions, please give us a call at 734-429-4570 during office hours.