How do I know if I qualify?
To qualify for SASS’s services, your household income must not exceed 200% of the national poverty level (see table) and you must either live within the boundaries of the Saline Area School District, work in Saline, or have a child that attends Saline Area Schools.

Household Size Annual Monthly Weekly
1 $25,760 $2,147 $495
2 $34,840 $2,903 $670
3 $43,920 $3,660 $845
4 $53,000 $4,417 $1,019
5 $62,080 $5,173 $1,194
6 $71,160 $5,930 $1,368
7 $80,240 $6,687 $1,543
8 89,320 $7,443 $1,710
Add for each
additional person
$9,080 $757 $175
Note: Saline Area Social Service, Inc. utilizes the Department of Health & Human Services Poverty Guidelines to determine financial eligibility for services. The Agency utilizes 200% of the poverty guidelines, which is the amount used by the Saline Area Schools to determine a family’s eligibility for free or reduced price on meals.

Can I still receive aid if I do not meet SASS’s qualifications and my income exceeds 200% of the national poverty level?
Yes, SASS provides food to anyone in need of help; however, you will not be eligible for the rest of our programs.

I do not have all the required paperworkCan I still qualify?
SASS will not accept incomplete paperwork. If you have questions, please call the SASS office at 734-429-4570.

My 2021 income tax form 1040 does not reflect my current financial situation. Do I still need to include this in my paperwork submission?
Yes. SASS still requires this documentation as part of our registration process.

What are the SASS programs that my household would be eligible for once I have submitted all the required paperwork?
In addition to weekly food assistance, your household will also qualify for emergency rent assistance, utility assistance, car repair and transportation costs, prescription co-pays, December adopt-a-family program, holiday meal programs, youth backpacks, shoes, school supplies, financial aid towards summer camps and after school sports, music and enrichment programs, youth winter gear including boots, snow pants, hats and gloves, toiletries, paper products, cleaning supplies, birthday gifts and more.

Can I receive aid from SASS if I do not submit my paperwork by April 21, 2022?
Yes, SASS provides food to anyone in need of help and your household will still be eligible for a weekly supply of groceries; however, you will not be eligible for the rest of our programs until all your paperwork is submitted.

I just turned in my paperwork in 2021 – do I need to submit all my paperwork again?
Yes. SASS is requiring every household re-register with SASS in 2021, meaning that all paperwork, including your 2021 income tax form 1040, must be submitted again by April 21, 2022 to qualify for all the 2022 SASS programs.

If I have an emergency need, such as rent, utility assistance or car repair, is additional paperwork needed?
Yes. Please contact SASS at 734-429-4570 and ask to talk with Mike or Glenna to discuss the additional requirements that are needed to help us provide the needed aid.

I have additional questions. What do I do?
Call 734-429-4570 during SASS business hours and ask to speak to Mike or Glenna.

  • Monday 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
  • Tuesday 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
  • Wednesday 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
  • Thursday 10:00 am – 2:30 pm


Assistance & Donations

Mon: 10 am – 6 pm
Tue: 10 am – 12 pm
Wed: 10 am – 12 pm
Thu: 10 am – 2:30 pm

Non-Food Emergency Aid by Appointment Only – Contact 734-429-4570