2021 Holiday Program Forms
Saline Area Social Service’s 2021 Holiday Program is open to full clients. Click here to see if you qualify.
Deadline to Sign Up
Please submit paperwork to the office (not via email) by Thursday, October 21, 2021 before 2:30 p.m.
A couple things to note about the 2021 Holiday Program:
- Thanksgiving and December Holiday Food Baskets – Clients will receive a gift card to purchase food for your Holiday meal. If we receive turkeys/hams from local businesses, we will distribute those items as well.
- Adopt-A-Family – Due to the uncertainty of product supplies in many stores this year, as well as our concerns for well-being of many participants in our holiday programs, including our sponsors, volunteers, staff and client households, SASS will be taking gift card requests for each person in the household in lieu of gifts or food.
- Adopt-A-Family Distribution – SASS will provide Adopt-A-Family gift cards to each family during our Thanksgiving meal distribution on November 21st to allow each household enough time to shop for holiday gifts.
- Eligibility Rules for 2021 Holiday Programs – Current clients who have already provided income verification for this year are eligible to participate in the 2021 holiday programs and do not need to requalify at this time.
- If you have NOT requalified or are a NEW client — See our eligibility guidelines here. You will need to fill out the Client Registration & Requalification Form and provide the following documentation:
- Proof of income for all members of the household (2020 income tax, SSI, SSDI, Child Support, Unemployment, etc.)
- Proof of residency in the Saline School District, proof of School of Choice, or proof of employment in the City of Saline (accepted documentation includes lease, water bill, DTE bill, school of choice letter or most-recent student report card, or paystub from employer).
- Driver’s license for all adults in the household.
If you have questions, please feel free to give us a call to discuss at 734-429-4570.
Mike and Glenna