To become a client of Saline Area Social Service, you must:
- Provide a picture I.D. and proof of your residency in the Saline Area School District (i.e., lease). Map of Saline Service Area
- Provide all proof of income for the Household.
- Fall within the Department of Health & Human Services Poverty Guidelines. You can review the requirements below to see if you qualify. If you are currently eligible for free or reduced-priced meals at any of the Saline Area Schools, you are also eligible for our services. Note: Saline Area Social Service, Inc. utilizes the Department of Health & Human Services Poverty Guidelines to determine financial eligibility for services. The Agency utilizes 185% of the poverty guidelines, which is the amount used by the Saline Area Schools to determine a family’s eligibility for free or reduced price on meals.
- Fill out the SASS Client Registration Form. You can fill out the form online or download (see below) and mail a completed copy to Saline Area Social Service, Att: Glenna Rehder, 224 E. Michigan Ave., Saline, MI 48176.
To requalify for SASS programs in 2021, submit all of the following items:
- 2020 income tax return.
- Any of the following documentation for all members of your household (SSI, SSDI, Child support, unemployment, foster child monthly stipend).
- Proof of residency in the Saline School District, proof of School of Choice, or proof of employment in the City of Saline (accepted documentation includes lease, water bill, DTE bill, school of choice letter or most-recent student report card, or paystub from employer).
- Driver’s license for all adults in the household.
- Completed Client Registration Form (see above).
**Please note that a failure to submit all paperwork will result in a reduction of services until all paperwork is provided. If you have any questions, please contact Glenna at 734-429-4570.